Monday, April 17, 2006

Trouble for Pi and Pizza



To send this card: Today's Card

Music: Your Smile

Quote:God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?"

William A. Ward



It's Monday evening and I just got back from making my bed and rescuing Pi. It wasn't a big rescue to me but a very BIG one to him. When I took Pi up to bed about an hour and a half ago, I closed him inside his cage for the trip up (he stays in my office during the day and goes up to my bedroom at night). So that part is normal. The unnormal part is that I forgot to open the cage door again when I got upstairs. Pi spends only enough time in his cage to eat and drink - so being stuck there for an hour and a half was way beyond his limits. When I casually walked in a bit ago to make my bed (sheet washing day) he was racing back and forth like he was in a boat about to go over Niagara Falls. "Get me outta here! Somebody save me!" Poor guy. I opened the door and he scrambled to the top of his cage and onto his perch like he only had seconds before those rushing falls would have totally done him in. Whew.

Tonight we had a fire in the oven. Ron Belter, our radio friend was over today to do some work on the equipment. He stopped in the kitchen before going up to the studio, to talk to some of the sisters. He saw some action in the stove window that looked a bit unusual. "Do you have a fire in your oven?" he asked. We looked. No we did not have a fire in the oven. What gave him that idea? But we took a second look and "THERE IS A FIRE IN THE OVEN!" Once we got the fire out with a bit of soda we continued with food preparations. We had pizza (which we cooked in another oven) but forgot to remove the cardboard. I'm sure it has nutritional value but doesn't add a lot to the taste. Just one of those days where one exciting thing happens after another. I wonder if you could call this Holy Triduum burnout?

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters
===============================



Follow Me
by Msgr. David E. Rosage
"Come by yourselves to an out-of-the-way place and rest a little"
Mk 6:31


With this invitation, Jesus is teaching me how to handle the busyness of life. He invites me to come by myself to meet him alone in prayer. Here together we can determine what should occupy a high priority on my list and what is of lesser importance.

Only in prayer can I internalize and integrate all those things which are essential to my spiritual growth and which will help me become a committed disciple.

With St. Paul I can forfeit everything else and count it as rubbish so that Christ may be my wealth (Phil 3:8).


1 comment:

Jan said...

Loved your video. You were very warm and witty. However, I did think Oprah was a little "wooden" or should I say "cardboardish?"