Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Journeys - Near and Far



To send today's card: Easter Thursday.

Life always has its changes. Tomorrow will be the last day for our Chaplain, Fr. Larry, as he prepares to move onto a new assignment. We won't be getting our new chaplain until July so in the interim we will be having one of our wonderful diocesan priests, Father Lorge, coming each day. It's funny even though we don't move onto new places and see new things - having different chaplains from time to time takes us into different spiritual journeys as well.

When I was younger we moved and moved and moved. I loved it. Then when we finally settled down in this area, I graduated and went into the Navy and moved and moved as well. When I came to the monastery I wondered how I would ever manage only staying in one place. But in the twenty-five years I have been here I have never gone further than Seattle the one time when my brother was sick. You know I don't mind in the slightest. It seems like God always brings new adventures into my life without even going off the block. Pretty amazing.


1 comment:

kaelo said...

I think it's great that you can even have a Heron in your backyard. It's 5 degrees below zero with the windchill of -26 degrees and a blanket of 4 inches of snow on the ground! Brrrr.... it's cold outside and the beauty of God's creation!!
Give some extra head scratching to Pi!! Love his stories too!