Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Holy Thursday - and thoughts of Jesus



To send this card: Holy Thursday.


Quote:Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
Mother Teresa

Lent has now ended and we begin the Triduum. It starts this evening (Holy Thusday) with the Mass of the Lord's Supper and continues until night prayer on Easter Sunday. The day of our Salvation is at hand!

Can you imagine what it will be like to really meet Jesus? Truthfully, I don't even think I can comprehend that at all. It is like out of my orbit of understanding. I feel I would absolutely have nothing to say. I would just stare with my mouth open. "Wow! It's Jesus. Wow. Now what do I do?" If I was a little child I would run up and jump into his arms and say, "Hi Jesus, I love you!" But as an adult with all sorts of baggage of thoughts and ideas and misunderstandings, I think I would just say, "Wow, It's Jesus. It's really you."

I think I am having these thoughts because across the street from the monastery a dear friend and neighbor just went to see Jesus. She was a mother who loved. I know Jesus will be glad to see her. It will be beautiful. I wonder what it will be like when I get to see Jesus. With no one around to note whether I say the right things or do the right things or anything but just be there before God. I wonder what it will be like. I wonder who I will be like before God? I wonder if I will be sad because I didn't do better or maybe I will just say, "Who cares about me! It's wonderful to see you, to be with you!"

Often times I think of Jesus as Savior of the whole world... but I think maybe I need to spend some thought time thinking more of, "Jesus, Savior of Me!"

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters
===============================



Follow Me
by Msgr. David E. Rosage
"Lord teach us to pray"
Lk 11:1


Prayer is my relationship to God. My prayer is Trinitarian.

Jesus says: "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him" (Jn 6:44). "No one comes to the Father but through me" (Jn 14:6). "No one can say: 'Jesus is Lord,' except in the Holy Spirit" (1 Cor 12:3).

I augment my relationship when I pray: "In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit . . ." and "Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. . . ."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my obsession with Jesus Christ is found in Proverbs 4:7, which says that Wisdom is The Principal Thing. Wisdom is the laws of God applied or Jehovah's solution to man's question. Whenever I find myself in the Secret Place with God, He always shares with me some Seeds of Wisdom from the Word which revolutionize my life and ministry. I am very much appreciative to read various posting from Sis. Pat and I do pray that she will continue to do so, because changes in your life are always proportionate to your knowledge. Be prepared for the harvest that is your today. Shalom and Blessings.