Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Peace Card for Wednesday - February 15, 2006

Quote: I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
Bill Crosby

I don't have a saint card for today, but I went to my favorite saint place at Catholic Forum and checked out the saints they had for today. Found a great one! Saint Angelus de Scarpetti. Of course I had never heard of him before - but the small paragraph they had on him was enough for me.

Augustinian friar c.1254. Fellow student with Saint Nicholas of Tolentino. Missionary to England where he preached and built monasteries. Known as a miracle worker. He once intervened on behalf of a man condemned to death; the authorities ignored him, and executed the man; Angelus then promptly brought him back to life.

Now that's my idea of a good saint. Do what you can and when that fails, do what the Lord can! Very cool. I like him already.

Here's the link to the saint pages Catholic Forum What I like to do is go to the Calendar Page and check out what's up for the day!



Only 14 days left to send in your story for the Reconciliation book! The count down is on. The kinds of stories I am looking for are those that mean something to you. They don't have to be huge or spectacular to be powerful.

Many people have difficulty going to confession - if you have a story that helped you to get over that difficulty, that reluctance, that "oh no, do I have to" feeling please share it.

If you have a story in which you found encouragement, peace, renewal - please share!

If you are a priest I would love some stories on how God works through you as you minister this sacrament. I know one of the most comforting words I ever received during confession was a priest sharing with me how privileged he felt to hear confessions. I think it would be very helpful to hear how God is with you as you minister this sacrament. I don't mean breaking the "seal of confession" but if you could share how perhaps you will get moments of grace to "offer wisdom or insight" or feel God's presence with you... that would be wonderful. Do you as a priest feel that God is using you and can you share that in any way?


I also would like small fillers! Funny stories. A word or thought that was given to you during confession that helped you. One of the best stories yet is from my friend Linda and her godmother who is now 92. She said that when she made her first confession as a small girl she didn't know what sin to confess so she looked up the sins and chose one of them. When it came to the part to confess she said, "I committed adultery." The priest laughed. I find myself laughing every time I think of that as well!

If you have already sent in a story and have not heard back from me. Don't worry. Once again I am way behind. I hope to work on acknowledgements tomorrow. God willing that is!

Send Story



Please pray that this will be a very powerful and helpful book!

Blessings of Peace and all Good!
Sister Patricia

1 comment:

Robin said...

Sr. Patricia, this is a great idea -- putting your text on the blog so that we can leave comments. :-)