Sunday, September 26, 2004

The Beginning of my Blog

I don't really know if I want to do this..but since I wanted to find out just what blogging was all about, I signed up and jumped in. It's really kind of like my Peace cards... http://franciscancards.com/carday.shtml that I do every day - so it seems like maybe I am repeating myself... but what the heck. It's not like I can't quit right? They don't buy your soul with this thing do they? I'm looking for the catch... it's free.. .but free is usually not.... I took one course in economics and that's about the only real thing I learned out of the whole class. There's no such thing as a free lunch... it was posted right next to the clock on the wall along with another sign that said, "Time will pass, will you?" At this point I can't remember if I passed or not.. it wasn't a real fun class.

1 comment:

Lorcan said...

Dear Sister Pat:
Welcome to the blogosphere... You will find the community growing all over the place, like vines. I am a Quaker with a Catholic wife, who says wonderful things about my faith... for example, this morning... "A lot of folks don't get Quakerism... just as folks are getting some rest, someone begins to tell everyone their so called wisdom - no, I am only kidding, lor, I like Quakers... " I am adding this to her other great observation about the difference between Mass and Meeting... "If I am not doing anything ( Meeting ) I may as well go to work!"

Thy Friend in the Blogishpere and Brother in Christ,

Lorcan Otway
(lor)

PS clicking on the name of posters, will take you to their blog. On mine, you will find links to a number of other Quaker blogs - some, like me, are Plain Quakers... we look like the Quaker Oats Box... makes for great jokes in restaurants when ordering breakfast. :) Peace