Monday, February 20, 2006

Computer Woes, Pi Goes and Canine Fellowship



To send this card: Franciscan Joy!

Music: Edelweiss

First off, my computer or the server or something is still acting up .. but I think I can work around it for awhile. Will see. At any rate I can still send the text version out and the JoyNotes that I load onto the main site, Franciscan Cards does work.. the only thing is that it changes every day. What is happening is too weird - so maybe its somebody in red with horns or who knows what. I do believe that the devil isn't always that pleased when we are doing good. Even if its just a little good. My thought was yesterday that he didn't care for Sister Janet's sharing... which for me was so beautiful. I'm saving that one for sure. What was really neat was that it came on the nine month anniversary of our Sister Mary Rita going to heaven.

Only seven days to send in your story. dum dum de dum. Than I must get busy and start making decisions and moving solidly forward with the book big time! Do I sense a small bit of panic here? Hope not!

Must give you an updated report on Pi! He has this new little sneak attack. What he does is climb up to the top of his cage on the outside, lets out a "COWABUNGA CAll" and then gives a big leap and makes it over the little screen wall he puts up. Today was about the third or fourth time he had done it in the las week.. so I wasn't too surprised and kept working on my project for a few minutes before putting him back in. The only problem is today he decided not to head for my shoe laces or other choice office spots but went for the door. He can walk pretty fast when he wants to. About one minute later here comes Sister Colleen with a green bird on her finger. She says,"Missing anyone?"

Hope you have a very wonderful and blessed Tuesday.

Oh, my sister Barb and troop are now in Nebraska. Moved through most of Ohio, and then through Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and a bit into Nebraska. Her husband, Craig is sitting in the back seat where he can rest. Well, he could rest if there weren't two big dogs who want to keep him in close c





THIS JUST IN! (had to share Barb's letter with you.. thought it was funny. Of course at the bottom
where it says to pass it along to everyone... she meant my brothers and sisters... but... I'm sure she wouldn't mind you reading it as well.. and if she does - she's still
2000 miles away so I think I'm safe)



Hi Sr. Pat,



We are now in Nebraska, Grand Island, at the Super 8. Steve and Craig went
out to eat and I am eating my veggie wrap in the room with two tired out
pups who finally ate some dinner at 9:30 (10:30 our NY time). They are
sacked out and ready to give up travels for the night.



We put a lot of miles behind us today and really had no problems. Steve
kindly let me drive during the rush hour traffic with concrete barriers on
both sides of 3 lanes of construction with the sun just setting in our eyes.
I thought that was so special. The 15 thousand truckers made us feel
welcome and stayed close to keep us safe.



We plan to have a slow night and start when we wake up and see how far we
go. We'd like to make it to the salt flats of Utah tomorrow so I am hoping
to get some batteries for my digital camera because I think that is going to
be pretty exciting.



very tired and almost done eating. Going to check the weather and get some
sleep. Pass this along to everyone if you don't mind. Keep in touch. I'll
try to not be driving when you call tomorrow.



Love you,

Barb et al

No comments: