Monday, February 19, 2007

Bl Jacinta & Francisco - St Valentine Radio

To send this card: Blessed Jacinta and Francisco

Music: Hail Mary, Gentle Woman

Quote for the Day:

"There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot solve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary."
Sister Lucia of Fatima


Today we celebrate blessed Jacinta and Francisco - the two youngest seers of Fatima. A very blessed day I should think. I do love the Fatima devotion. This was the first Marian devotion I became attached too, now of course I love the many others but this one still holds a very special place and I have a beautiful statue of Our Lady of Fatima that the sisters gave to me when I first entered the monastery... many, many moons ago!

Today I also received an email from someone who had not received a rosary book that they ordered back in August... oh my I said to myself... is there anyone else out there who did not get a book they recieved? Please let me know! My email is srpat@calledbyjoy.com and please put "missing book" in the headline so I see it admidst the million spams I get every day.

Guess what! I made contact with the Sisters in Texas that are managing the radio station! I now have another radio friend! Sister Mariam. We had a wonderful time talking to each other, even though I have a cold and can't talk much with coughing. We are both the same age and started our radio stations within four months of each other! Amazing eh? Shows who is really at work doesn't it! The Holy Spirit strikes again.

Here is there community site. dljc.org and here is there radio station KDJW . Saint Valentine Radio. Isn't it funny that I should discover them so close to Valentine's day?

Do remember to ask Blessed Jacinta and Francisco for a special favor from our Lady! I am sure they will be taking requests!

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters


Our book on Reconciliation Our Workbook for Confession

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of these two very special young saints, Sister Patricia. It rather works in with a homily I read on today's scripture. I went to Our Lady of Fatima Convent School with the Ursulines before progressing to St Ursula's College. I really shall take time to talk with Jacinta and Fransisco after Night Prayer to ask for help to be free to continue my cantoring/singing at Mass/Novena on Fridays. Once again, I thank you for all you bring to my life. Best Wishes, Margaret, Australia.

Anonymous said...

In regard to Confession . . after all it is the sacrament of Penance, and bestows many graces to overcome difficulties. I think we have viewed it as a punishment, when we can view it as a sharing . . a sharing of any problem,dificulty we may be experiencing, with the priest as the mediator with God, praying with us. The moments following confession are so precious, when God is so near.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.