Sunday, February 25, 2007

Always Go Forward!

Quote for the Day:

Ideas without action are worthless.
Helen Keller


"Always go forward and never go back" that was the quote that Blessed Junipero Serra the founder of many of the California missions based his life on. Always go forward. I keep thinking of that when I get into the middle of something and start toying with doubts and fears.

So, now I am well on the way with getting more and more into radio. Last week our Bishop came to record the first of his to be bi-weekly talks. Went really well, all of the Sisters are so glad this is moving forward! Hurray.

I am working now on promoting our book on reconciliation. It's kind of like as long as I am working on creating it - there is a lot of push.. and yet when its done I can't stop pushing because it just sits there and noone realizes what a great book it is because I have stopped talking about it.

So the only way is to get back on the front lines with it. I am working now to see if I can get air time on other radio stations besides my own. That's where my "always go forward" has to step into gear. The stepping out of my nice safe comfort zone.

I found a 30 day Radio Success course to take to help spur me on! I am excited about doing it and hoping that it will result in not only getting air time on Catholic stations but other stations as well. One never knows unless one tries.

Do you have a project that you would like to do someday? Why not make that someday - today? Get out of the boat and start taking a few steps on the water....even if you fall and Jesus has to pick you up you are further ahead than the other apostles who just stayed in the boat!

And of course the other apostles may never have walked out on the water - but when they went out far and wide to spread their message - I bet they had some doubts and fears as well they had to push themselves forward with.

Blessings of Peace and All Good,
Sister Patricia and all the Sisters

3 comments:

Banu said...

True as you might be you might also drown. Soemthing to think about. Best Wishes BC

scarbary said...

0You might as well get out of the boat - if you fall in the water you probably needed a bath anyway. Thanks for helping me move forward every day. Your friend in Oklahoma scarbary

Anonymous said...

Somebody already probably suggested this but just in case-Why not get in touch with EWTN? Some people do not have access to a computer or are afraid of them but they all watch television! Enjoy your down-to-earth comments, the reality of making mistakes, etc. Keep up the good work. Sincerely, Dolores Weborg