Monday, March 06, 2006

Today Is God's Will for Me!



To send this card: Lent Card for today

Music: pre-selected - I know whom I have believed.

I always seem to have several books going at once, from which I read a little bit each day. Right now, my just before bed book is, "He leadeth Me" by Walter Ciszek, SJ the priest who spent 23 years in Russian prison camps. It is a very, very, strong emphasis on "very" powerful book. This is my second, maybe third time reading it. This time I am reading it more slowly for content not just the gripping story. At first I was thinking I didn't think I had the stomach and nerves to read it again (gets very graphically painful in torturous moments) but the deep relationship he has with Jesus was just too powerful to not take a second look.

Last night I was reading where he was talking about how himself and his co-priest friend who went to Russia with him came to understand God's will for them in each day. I can only share it poorly but basically it was that what came to pass each day was God's will. Whether good or bad, easy or hard, God was with them in those moments and desired for them to accept those moments as his will. So at first their feelings were of despair because they were not able to minister as priests... and life continued to go from bad to worse to terrible to unbelievably terrible and yet they found God in those terrible moments and were able to survive. This is what I got out from it - for me... as I scramble between radio and book and web work I seem to be making pitably small progress in any direction. I try to see if there is something I should drop - but each work seems to be God pushing me to do... so I have decided I will just continue with all three - and not worry about time schedules and deadlines and just do each day what I can. Maybe the book will come out in the fall instead of June - if it does - life will continue. Better its late with good health and sound mind than on time and a frazzled wreck! Besides its only a deadline I made for myself as my mom used to say to me, "Well, if you made it, you can change it!"

The quote on my desk calendar for Sunday(Mary Engelbreit) says, "Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it." Greg Anderson.

That makes sense to me!

Blessings of Peace and all Good!
Sister Patricia



Follow Me
by Msgr. David E. Rosage
"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who lives in me and I in him, will produce abundantly, for apart from me you can do nothing."
Jn 15:5


With this simple allegory Jesus explained the mystery of his indwelling. He lets the branch blossom out and bear fruit. Yet there would be no fruit if he were not the source of divine life energizing me. How good Jesus is to me!

He reminds me that apart from him I can do nothing. which is another way of saying that with him I can do all things.


No comments: