Sunday, March 05, 2006

Good and not so good



To send this card:Lent Card

Music: Pre-selected - Your Smile

Quote: If you do what the Lord wants, he will make certain each step you take is sure.
Ps 37:23

I love the above quote. That is the other one I keep in my Music at Mass right above the Amen. Rather comforting I think, though I am not always sure I'm doing what the Lord wants! Guess I'll have to find another quote to calm myself about that.

Brought my mom over for dinner. Unfortunately my good deed for the day turned into not such a good one. She has a little Betta fish that my brother John gave her. She loves her little fish. In fact she just sent a letter to my sister Euli in which she told her how much she loved her little fish. Every time I go to pick her up I clean the water in its little bitty plastic tank. Unfortunately today, I killed her little fish. Good going, Patricia! I was running some water gently into the bowl to kind of flush out the old and replace with some new and I didn't stay right there and watch it and the water got hotter and hotter and the little guy jumped out and when I returned two minutes later he had jumped out of his tank and was dead. Sooooo, then I had to tell my mom that I had killed her little fish. She was surprised they were so delicate she said. Well, even undelicate fish don't like to be fried! Sigh. So, off we went to the pet store to replace her little betta. I didn't want her coming back to her apartment without a new one! Hmmmm, so much for all my worrying that she couldn't take care of a fish. Guess we found out who we needed to be worrying about!

Blessings of Peace and all Good!
Sister Patricia

Follow Me
by Msgr. David E. Rosage

"Come and see."
Lk 9:23

Jesus invites me not only to come and see him, but to spend time with him in prayer, to live with him, to strive to capture his way of thinking until "in him I live and move and have my being" (Acts 17:28)

Only after I have "put on the new man" (Eph 4:24) will I be able to radiate him to all those around me.

Jesus, let me rest often and at length in your presence.


No comments: