Thursday, March 09, 2006

My Shepherd is the Lord

To send this card: Lenten card

Music: Sheep May safely graze

Quote: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Well, now someone has come up with an accusation against our Bishop for sexual misconduct. The accusation supposedly happened forty years ago in a parish our Bishop was not even a part of when he was twenty or twenty-two. Bishop Skylstad denies it and says he has kept his vow of celibacy since he was ordained a deacon, which I think he was at that time. I for my part, believe our bishop. I also think it is a very sad state of affairs that anyone can destroy anyone's reputation, life and well-being simply because they wish to do so.

I am not sure exactly what we are called to do against such stuff. I for my part rather feel like the two apostles who asked the Lord if they should pray to rain down fire from heaven for those who turned against them, but I rather expect the Lord would answer me in the same way he did them. Sigh. Take off my shoes, shake out the sand and move on.

I will trust that the Lord will turn all things to good for those that love him - and that I also know full well, that our Bishop Skylstad is very much in love with the Lord, devoted to the Blessed Mother and a good and holy priest who tries very hard to do his best for all. I for one, think our diocese is very blessed to have him as our Shepherd! Thank you Jesus!

Blessings of Peace and All Good!
Sister Patricia



Follow Me
by Msgr. David E. Rosage
"Come Now! I will send you to Pharaoh to lead my people, the Israelites, out of Egypt"
Ex. 3:10


Humanly speaking, Moses was an unlikely person to be called to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. There was a price on his head in Egypt; he was in exile. Yet God's way are not our ways.

How unqualified I am for the mission to which the Lord has called Me! Jesus reminds me that he chose me; I did not choose him (Jn 15:16).

Just as he said to Moses, so also the Lord is saying to me: "I will be with you" (Ex 3:12).

No comments: