Thursday, May 04, 2006

Birds and Fish and Prayer


To send this card:Cinco de Mayo

Music: Mexican Schuffle

Quote:Trust the past to God's mercy, the present to God's love and the future to God's providence.

Augustine

It is finally nice enough that we are able to have evening prayer outside. It is wonderful to hear the birds chatter and watch them fly about and the clouds sail. Just before we started to pray a medical helipcopter went overhead. Very low. We prayed three Hail Mary's for whoever was in trouble. We've always felt it was God nudging us to pray for them and once we even heard from one of the pilot's that they do go over our monastery on purpose just to have us pray.

Tomorrow I am hoping and hoping that our waterfall will actually get going again. A man is supposed to come in the morning and do that and also put a net over the pond so that I can put the fish in it. They will be so happy! But I don't want them to go in until the net is up because I'm not providing fish dinner for any birds no matter how nice they are!

Blessings of Peace and All Good,

Sister Patricia and all the Sisters



===============================



Follow Me
by Msgr. David E. Rosage
"I give you my assurance, whatever you ask the Father, he will give you in my name."
Jn 16:23


What does Jesus mean when he tells me to ask in his name? Surely he does not mean simply adding his name to my petition and my prayer.

Jesus wants me to have the same disposition, the same mentality, the same attitudes which were his when he came to prayer.

His attitude was total, loving, generous submission to the Father's will.

What greater example have I than his complete resignation to the Father's will at possibly the most crucial moment of live on earth: "Father, if it is your will, take this cup from me; yet not my will but yours be done" (Lk 22:42)



No comments: